Over the course of the past week+ I've been gradually updating the look of the website! Apologies to anyone who might have visited and found it in a broken state - I really should set up a test server, but instead I work live. Apart from the visual change there have been some changes to the back-end as well:
- Switched from Galleria to Unite Gallery for all photo/video galleries. It gives a cleaner look AND better user experience on mobile.
- Revamped the Photographers page to be sexier.
- Added search functionality! It's far from perfect, but if you want to find every post that has ever mentioned a particular fandom or topic you can now do that.
- Tutorials now get pulled to the front page for better exposure
- Added share/tweet buttons to tutorials and blog posts
- Set up a commissions page to make it quick and easy to see if we're currently accepting commissions and a form to request a commission
- Sped up loading of images by building a MySQL backend for looking up images by tags or credit
- Automatically pull video data from Youtube to make sure we're always showing the most up-to-date information
- Add support for listing multiple costumes on a single day of an event (because when I set it up originally I didn't think we'd ever need that. I was wrong).
So, yeah! Lot's of changes. I still have a list of stuff I would love to add, but I have to get back to working on Dragon Con costumes! Maybe I'll get back to improving the site sometime in late September.